TIPS Launch Resources
In order for TIPS to be effective, your community reporters have to know about it!
Actively promoting the reporting tool and providing ongoing awareness through posters, announcements, letters, surveys, etc. can help ensure all students, parents, staff, and faculty understand how they can play an active role in keeping your community safe. However, the most important factor in your success will be ensuring all reports are met with decisive action in a timely manner. Start improving communications and building trust with your students today!
Below are a few materials your school can use to help make students, parents, and staff aware of TIPS. Contact AdminHelp@awareity.com for .eps files of anything below and help with customization.
Butterfly Promo Materials are HERE!!!
Just follow these quick steps to launch the Butterfly Effect today!
- Post the Green Butterfly Icon next to your social media icons on your website. This makes it easy to find and reminds social media users that concerning behavior on social media can be reported to the Butterfly.
- Customize the Community Letter Template and share it with your community through letters, emails, local print media, and on social media, so everyone knows your community is not going to stand by and let evil win!
- Customize the Brochure Template to help you community understand the importance of sharing concerning behavior when it happens and reassure your community that the right people will be monitoring the situation.
- Customize Poster and Handout Templates to share with community members and post thorough out the communities in business, at schools, in government agency offices, to be a constant reminder that warning signs can appear anywhere, but they need to be reported to a central team that can connect the dots and take action.
Learn more about how you can be part of Awareity’s World-Changing Butterfly Effect HERE.
TIPS Button .gif – Download ZIP file with various ideas on how to make your TIPS button really pop!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document – Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .eps file
Bookmarking TIPS on your mobile device Handout – Download PDF
Customizable TIPS Awareness/Promotion PowerPoints
These files are great for sharing during school-wide assemblies, classroom presentations or new student orientations.
Customizable TIPS Awareness/Promotion Tri-Fold Brochures
K12 Students – Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .indd file
K12 Parents – PDF File
Higher Education Students – PDF File
Higher Education Faculty/Staff – PDF File
Housing Managers for off-campus housing – PDF File
Acts of Kindness PDF File
Abuse PDF Example
Bullying Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .eps file
Bullying-K12 Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .eps file
Butterfly Effect PDF Sample
Bystander Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .eps file
Concerning Behavior PDF File
Cyberbullying PDF File
Cyberbullying-K12 PDF File
Domestic violence PDF File
Drugs/Alcohol PDF File
Hero Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .eps file
Hope Download ZIP file with the PDF and customizable .eps file
Self Harm PDF Example
Sexting PDF File
Social Media PDF File
TIPS-K12 PDF File
Weapons PDF File
TIPS Promotional Items
Pens, mugs, bags, etc.: Available Items
Some other ways you may want to promote TIPS include:
- Discuss at new student enrollment
- Include in student handbook/information packets
- Announce in school/student/faculty newsletters/newspapers (Example Article)
- Make classroom announcements
- SROs can share information during classroom visits
- Bracelets with hotline number/website address or Stickers with hotline number/website address on buses, handbooks, etc.
- NEW – Have your faculty, staff and administration include a link to TIPS in their email signature.
- Reminders at teacher in-services
- Reminders at parent teacher conferences
- Announce at sporting events
- Post on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) (Pinning the TIPS Button Post to your Facebook)
- Engage student groups (greek life, student government, FBLA, etc.)
Please let us know at AdminHelp@Awareity.com if you have questions regarding any of the resources above or if you need assistance customizing these materials for your school/organization. Awareity’s team is dedicated to making your TIPS launch successful!
We also love to hear about other innovative ways your organization may have announced TIPS to your community! Let us know by emailing AdminHelp@Awareity.com.