Because 99.9% of people prefer PREVENTING over REACTING/RESPONDING to incidents, attacks, lawsuits, and tragedies.
Dangerous Gap #1 – nearly every organization has invested almost 100% of Safety/Security budget in:
- First Responders (Security personnel, Emergency Personnel, etc.)
- Re-Active Shooter Drills (good drill for First Responders)
- Security Products Reacting to an attack (Alarms, Mass Notification, Signage, etc.)
- Security Cameras Reacting and “recording” the attack for forensics
- Emergency Response Plans
- Business Continuity Plans
- PR / Communications Responses
Dangerous Gap #2 – What you focus on becomes your reality! What you focus on becomes your reality and therefore, most every organization is failing at PREVENTING because they are not focusing on or investing in Preventing strategies and tools.
Dangerous Gap #3 – Do you know of any successful collegiate or professional teams WITHOUT a Coach? No, there are no successful collegiate or professional teams WITHOUT a Coach? All professional organizations (Higher Education, Health Care, Financial, Manufacturing, Government, Schools, etc.) should have a Preventing Coach because the losses attributed to FAILING TO PREVENT are huge.
Awareity’s founder and CEO says “everyone needs a Preventing Coach”. Higher Education institutions employ a lot of coaches (some are very expensive), but few if any have a Preventing Coach which makes no sense with so many lives at stake, precious and valuable reputations at stake, and the institution’s bottom-line facing increasingly costly consequences.
Dangerous Gap #4 – First Responders are NOT First Preventers.
No professional Coach of any football team is trying to take their top “Defensive Lineman” and make him into their top “Quarterback”.
No professional Coach of any soccer team is trying to take their top “Goal Tender” and make him/her into their top “Center Forward”.
So why are CEOs, Presidents, Board Members, CFOs, COOs and other managers trying to make their First Responders into First Preventers?
First Responders are trained to respond to incidents, crimes, and tragedies and this is good because organizations cannot prevent 100% of incidents and Mother Nature will always create situations where First Responders are needed.
Connecting the Dots…
Executive Management in Higher Education, Health Care, Financial, Manufacturing, Government, Schools, etc. must learn from the hundreds and thousands of lessons learned around the world:
- Most incidents, liabilities, lawsuits, and tragedies were Preventable
- 99.9% of people prefer Preventing
- Continuing to focus almost 100% in First Responders will not help Preventing efforts
- Continuing to invest almost 100% in Security products will not help Preventing efforts
- Performing Security Assessments will not help Preventing efforts
- Operating without a Preventing Coach will not help Preventing efforts
The reasons above are great reasons to contact Awareity and set up an initial conference call with Rick Shaw. Rick is a Prevention Specialist with over 30 years helping organizations with their preventing efforts, founder of Awareity and can explain why have a Preventing Coach is so critical in the world we live in today.