October is National Bullying PREVENTION month, so I thought it would be helpful to blog about some of the key issues relating to bullying PREVENTION.
First things first…Bullying and Cyber Bullying related problems are serious and better PREVENTION efforts are critically needed. Studies, Town Hall Meetings, documentaries and numerous stories clearly show the alarming trends, startling incidents and negative consequences that bullying and cyber bullying has on young adults, teens and kids.
BUT…Bullying PREVENTION is possible. Lessons learned clearly show that nearly every bullying and cyber bullying incident was preventable….so why are PREVENTION efforts failing so miserably?
In my four part blog series, I am going to breakdown some of the reasons that so many alarming trends are not getting better and NOT being PREVENTED. My goal for these next four blogs is to help schools, help students and help communities:
- Better understand that Bully PREVENTION is possible
- Understand PREVENTION = Well Said AND Well Done
- Realize a limited budget is NOT a limitation to PREVENTION
- Realize how Connecting the Dots means more effective PREVENTION
- Realize that adults and kids do things differently but PREVENTION is possible
- “Do the math” on incident reporting to improve PREVENTION
If you have feedback, please send to info at Awareity.com